CRAYOLA COWBOY COLORING PAGES

DO YOU LIKE TO COLOR.... dO YOU LIKE WHITE CHICKENS? dO YOU SOMETIMES DREAM OF making pancakes with Squirels.... wELL IF YOU DO... THIS PAGE IS FOR YOU.... cOLOR IS POWER.....

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Aligator

On reading ALIGATOR BY Lisa Moore

The book is a hard to place memory book of interchangeable actions that connect each character through character titled chapters such as Colleen Valetin and Frank....I find this method a great way for the author to flash at you exactly that this will be franks monologue, thoughts situation, point of view, it is some what like a play in that it gives the reader the exact frame of reference to what is happening for that character at that moment..at times there is a cross over one time Frank's and then collen's similar perspective on a twist the two shared that is rather interesting and some what sad..... as the male characters in this book lack any great qualities..... while the female characters are film makers, eco teroists who travel and steal for their passions...the men own hot dog carts, fold under and work at walmart because of emotional difficulties....It's not that I don't admire the work, I just don't love it..... and at times I wonder why she was so keen in writing in the way she did...I didn't expect to be gender offended by the book... but I guess I am....and that's strange because the last book I read really had no real likeable characters...Lullaby...but it had a stern plot force that led you away from the characters as central...where as here you better like the characters, the imagery and St.john's..because it's front and centre....

For me the book yet unfinished is yet to be rated...but not what I expected...maybe I got caught reading the same books and this is my finally with these slice of life books for a while....

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home